wibiya widget

11/8/11

What's Up?

I haven't posted here in a while so I thought I'd give an update on my status for those who are interested.

It's been a busy couple of months with a forest fire that forced my family to evacuate Magnolia, Texas for a couple of days and kept us anxious for many more. A family illness was thankfully resolved well, and I've been working a few short-term jobs on the side.

In the meantime, I have been writing "book three" - the second book in my Hadanum SF series of books. It is very close to completion, and is actually fully written out, but I want to make sure I have it absolutely right before publishing it - so I've been revising and cleaning it up over the past few weeks with the help of a good friend.

"Book two" - my A Commodore 64 Walkabout book has been very successful sales-wise, and I've garnered some very nice reviews around the web.

Overall, this year has been a very good one. I finally got the chance I wanted since college - the chance to write and get my work out there for people to see. The experience has been very rewarding, and I think I'm in a place now where I have the system down enough to write in my spare time and publish at a pretty good pace. Soon I'll have 3 books on Amazon and other sites (for print versions, check out Blurb) and I am writing a novella now as well for NaNoWriMo.

Due to popular demand, I may write a follow-up to the C64 book (or at least a "second edition" that adds more material), and I hope that after some effort at promotion on my part I'll see exposure of my SF books rise as well, because as much as I enjoy writing about the retro computing, writing fiction is my lifelong passion. I hope you'll check out Globe-Hurler!

Drop by from time to time, friend me on Facebook, or check out my other sites:

C64Walkabout.com
Hadanum.com

No comments:

Post a Comment